Revised August 3rd, 2021 – MASKS REQUIRED FOR INDOOR GATHERINGS
Dear Holy Trinity,
This past Sunday (August 1st), I verbally announced that we were not planning on making any changes to our Covid-19 protocols unless directed to do so by our diocesan leadership. Yesterday (August 2nd), we received a letter from Canon Norman (writing for Bishop Smith) informing the diocese that all persons, regardless of vaccination status, are once again required to wear masks while gathering indoors. Click the following link to view this letter: https://www.episcopalswfl.org/dfc/newsdetail_2/3207969
Because this new directive effects “all indoor gatherings,” it will impact a variety of programming on our campus.
- We will return to our previous mask protocols during Sunday morning worship. All persons will be required to wear masks while indoors. Anyone who has a speaking role may remove their mask while speaking. Our music director may remove his mask if he alone is leading worship or singing a solo. The members of the Summer Choir will need to keep their masks on while singing. All other protocols that are currently in place will remain in place.
- The Summer Coffee Hour will be suspended until further notice. We cannot eat and drink with masks on, and the Bishop’s directive does not make room for masks to be removed for this purpose.
- The church staff will resume wearing masks while in the office.
- Anyone visiting the church office will need to wear a mask while indoors; this includes groups who are using the church for a meeting space.
- The thrift store customers and volunteers will need to wear a mask while indoors.
I know this will be disappointing news for many people; it was disappointing for me also! I had truly hoped to avoid taking backwards steps with regards to Covid-19, but alas, here we are. Currently, our state has one of the highest infection rates in the nation, and this decision comes out of an obligation to prevent further spread of this virus. I am hopeful things will settle down sooner than later and look forward to the day when this virus has been purged from our world.
A Prayer for Guidance (BCP p. 832)
Direct us, O Lord, in all our doings with your most gracious favor, and further us with your continual help; that in all our works begun, continued, and ended in you, we may glorify your holy Name, and finally, by your mercy, obtain everlasting life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Rev. Daniel J. Lemley
Current Covid-19 Worship Protocols
The following are what to expect regarding Sunday Morning Worship:
- If you are not feeling well or are running a temperature over 100 degrees, please stay home until you are feeling better.
- You may place your offering in the plate as you enter the sanctuary or as you leave the sanctuary. There will be no “offertory” until further notice.
- During the Peace, please avoid physical contact (unless it is with someone within your family) and refrain from moving about the sanctuary.
- Per our Diocesan Covid-19 Protocols, the distribution of Holy Communion will be Bread only; the common cup (Wine) has been suspended until further notice.